About Me

My photo
Writing about secondary infertility & trying to conceive after multiple losses in Gaman (a Japanese term of Zen Buddhist origin which means "enduring the seemingly unbearable with patience and dignity"). Also cooking, Phish, and parenting my beautiful little boy.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I just realized that if everything goes absolutely perfectly - my cycle returns after only four - six weeks, I have regular ovulatory cycles again, we're cleared to start trying again basically right away, and I get pregnant the first cycle - I would be due in May.  The month I turn 40.  *huge sigh*  It's so hard not to get completely depressed about this fact.  I know many, many women have perfectly healthy babies in their early forties - but I'm just absolutely terrified now.  Well, it's not like this is new information, I was terrified before.... but now I will definitely be 40 or over if we are so lucky enough to conceive another child.  There are just so many risks that are so dramatically increased.  It scares me tremendously.  Anyway - this was a depressing realization today.

No comments:

Post a Comment